Are you about to welcome a new addition to your family? If so, one of the most exciting tasks is shopping for tiny clothes that will make your newborn comfortable and cut.
However, picking out the right outfits can be overwhelming and confusing with so many trends and options available today. Don’t worry; we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to choose newborn clothes that are both practical and trendy properly.
Keep reading to discover what’s hot (and what’s not) when dressing up your little bundle of joy!
Choosing the Right Size for the Baby
Choosing the right size for your baby can be tricky. You want to make sure they are comfortable, but you also don’t want clothes that are too big or too small. You don’t want your little one to swim in their clothes, but you also don’t want them to be too tight and uncomfortable. So how do you know what size to choose? Here are a few tips to help you choose the right size for your baby:
- Try on the clothes yourself before buying them. This will give you a good idea of how they will fit your baby.
- Pay attention to the sizing charts that come with the clothing. They can be accommodating in picking the correct size.
- If you’re unsure what size to get, err cautiously and use a larger size. Babies proliferate, so it’s better to have clothes that are too big or too small.
Materials You Should Look For
When it comes to picking out newborn clothes, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First and foremost, you want to ensure the clothing is made from breathable materials. Newborns have susceptible skin, so you want to avoid anything that could irritate them or cause a rash. Check the weight and height recommendations on the clothing label. This is a good starting point, but remember that every baby is different, and some may be larger or smaller than the average. Try the clothes on your baby if possible. If you’re shopping online, ensure a good return policy in case the sizing isn’t quite correct. Look for adjustable features like drawstrings, snaps, or Velcro closures to help create a custom fit. Don’t forget about comfort! Soft fabrics and gentle construction are important for a newborn’s delicate skin.
Additionally, you’ll want to look for clothing that is easy to wash and care for. Newborns tend to spit up a lot, so you’ll be doing a lot of laundries!
Finally, watch the trends and pick items your baby will love. Even for newborns and babies from 1-3 years old, personal interests are showing, so you may take that into account. You may also opt for neutral colors and designs!
Current Trends for Newborn Clothes
There are many current trends in newborn clothes, but some of the most popular include:
- Gender-neutral colors and designs. Many parents opt for gender-neutral clothes for their newborns to avoid any pressure or expectations around the child’s gender identity. Popular colors for gender-neutral newborn clothes include white, cream, and light blue.
- Sustainably made materials. – With more and more parents becoming conscious of the environmental impact of the clothing industry, sustainable materials are becoming increasingly popular for newborn clothes. Organic cotton, bamboo, and wool are all excellent choices for eco-friendly newborn clothes. Newborns have susceptible skin, so choosing soft and gentle materials is important. Natural fibers like cotton are usually best, but some great synthetic options are just as soft (and often more affordable).
- Simple and minimalist designs. – Bold prints and bright colors are all the rage for newborns. If you want your child to be stylish, go for something trendy. Remember that what’s trendy now may not be so bright in a few months (or weeks), so don’t go too crazy with the spending. In line with the trend for sustainable materials, many parents also opt for simple, minimalist designs for newborn clothes. Plain onesies and essential sleepsuits are becoming increasingly popular as parents look to reduce clutter and waste in their homes.
- Make sure it is functional. Newborns proliferate, so choosing clothing that can grow with them is essential. Look for adjustable waistbands or hems, and avoid anything too constricting or binding. Also, ensure you have plenty of easy-to-change options for those inevitable blowouts and accidents.
Taking Care of Newborn Clothes
Newborn clothes are so cute, and there are so many styles and options to choose from! But with all the choices, knowing what is best for your baby can be challenging. Here are some tips on how to take care of newborn clothes and choose the best options for your little one:
- Wash newborn clothes in cold water. Hot water can shrink clothing and damage delicate fabrics.
- Use a mild detergent when washing newborn clothes. Harsh chemicals can irritate a baby’s skin.
- Dry newborn clothes on low heat or hang them to dry. High heat can damage delicate fabrics and cause shrinkage.
- Check labels carefully before washing or drying newborn clothes. Some items require special care, such as hand-washing or line-drying only.
- Fold or hang newborn clothes as soon as they are dry to prevent wrinkles.
- By following these simple tips, you can keep your newborn’s clothes looking like new longer!
Choosing newborn clothes can be tricky, but following these tips on trends and whatabouts, you should have no trouble finding the perfect outfit for your little one. Remember to keep it simple and comfortable while also considering any personal preferences that you or your child might have. A good-quality wardrobe with timeless pieces will ensure your child looks fashionable throughout their early years without worrying about constantly being updated with trendy items.